Thursday, January 6, 2011

First day in Switzerland

Every mile away from Malaysia on the plane made me sick. It's like not going to reach forever. I had to hold my tears even in the plane.
Setting foot on Switzerland does not amaze me anymore, not this time.
When I'm travelling alone with no friends and no one to talk to.
Everyone speaks a language I don't understand. Which is very frustrating.
I am in an alien's world. I was in the train looking at the passengers in front of me. A mother and a child. The mother was teaching the child to read.
But I couldn't understand them. Not even to a child's standard.
Besides feeling homesick, I was also tired to have to carry the luggage here and there. Traveling from one place to another and finally arrive at the restaurant where i work. I greeted the staff and the next thing I did was to look for a socket. I had to charge my phone. I want to call home, call pei hua.
To let them know that I am safe here.
While waiting anxiously for my phone to recharge, i was offered a meal from the staff there. The staff are quite ok. Some are friendly and some are so so.
I was the quite one. The environment of the restaurant is fine.
I waited around 2 hours there and then a senior of mine, David, who is also from IMI and also from Malaysia, brought me back here to my accommodation.
My room was actually a double room. and David was my roommate. I feel comfortable talking to him. He is friendly and tells me everything about the life, the politics of the restaurant, who to listen and who to ignore at times.
Yesterday was David's last working day, and he is leaving on the 10th.
Which I felt is quite lucky for me to have someone to care for me and teach me things.
He told me that the german i learnt in school was different from the one they speak here, that explains why i couldnt understand them at all.
And the worst is that NO ONE speaks english here. NONE AT ALL.
Whenever you need to buy something or ask something, you need someone to write for you and show it to the people at the store.
David also told me that Boys will never be roommates. Because they will fight.
Usually a girl and a boy will be in a double room. I hope he is KIDDING !!!
THIS IS JUST HILARIOUS. If a girl were to move in I had to be in the same room with her ?!!
Hopefully there is none. I rather get stuck with a boy because even if we fight, i don't think i'll lose too badly ?
My nightmare has already begun. 6 months from now.
I need to get used to the life here.
I will get through this.
I will.
Support me people !!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I will support you! You will get through this just fine. You have JC there at least, a friend to help you throughout your internship..

    ReplyDelete
  2. +pot you forever. if there's a boy be your roommate, please use your skill to fight back. 'fish ball hei gong'... rgggghhh~ men lei sei mei? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete